Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tabula Rasa (Restaurant)

Tabula Rasa
Beside Blue Cross, Road 35, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Cuisines : Italian
Hours : 12 Noon to 11 PM
Highlights: Outdoor Seating, nice ambience, best Italian food in Hyderabad, they take only cash.
Cost : Rs 1200 for two people (approx. without alcohol)

After I parked the car, she got out and spruced up her dress. She was wearing a dark red bodycon dress with a lace plunge.It looked sophisticated yet daring. I was not able to take eyes off her.......;)
It was the second time we were meeting on an unsaid kind of date.Actually, both of us were not going for diwali vacations because of some reason or the other and with all the hoopla building around diwali celebrations, we decided to go out for a dinner. She wanted to eat Italian and hence the search ended on a newly opened italian restaurant called Tabula Rasa. It had opened only two weeks ago but had great reviews on Zomato.
She started walking briskly towards the entrance looking kind of pleased with her ensemble.But then she realised my existence and turned around and waited for me to join along...:P. As we entered the place guided by a waiter, we were like Wow!. She kind of  held my hand in that moment.



We took a corner table and ordered cheese garlic bread and sauted mushrooms for starters after settling down.I am sorry for the fact that I have forgotten their italian names, they are actually hard to remeber. Anyways, you can always order it with the english names....;)
While we finished our starters, we were talking about our pasts and present.Now I can say that we are getting to know each other.She remembers all the diwalis that she has celebrated at home.She comes from a joint family and all the indian festivals are celebrated with great fervour at her home with all the cousins coming together under one roof. She has a cousin who was one of the finalists in Roadies.
I tell her about my boarding school days and how I lost my innocence very early; thanks to my boarding school friends.

The place has both open air and roofed sitting and tables are very neatly and tastefully placed.There was a pleasant wind blowing today.Oh God!, I was loving this evening.....:).After all the talking, our stomachs were now aching for the main course.We wanted to take the advice of the person waiting us for the maincourse. He suggested two pizzas loosely called siclia and tobasco which comes with thin crust bread, and both turned out to be really good.During our conversation with the person waiting us, we came to know that he owns this place!!! He has named it Tabula Rasa because it means a Clean Slate in Latin. This restaurant is an experimental venture for him and he wishes that people come and write great things on this clean slate of his.We wished all the best to him..:)


She again took my hand into hers while we were talking. We talked about our college and friends.
In between we also ordered a pasta and a lasagne.Pasta was kind of called supremo and was served with crème and red sauce.It was a regular lasagne but it did taste awesome like other items.
We had our stomachs full and she wanted to go to a karaoke bar after this.But it was already late and then we decided to go to her place and watch a movie.
A day after, I don't remember much of the movie but the early morning kiss which she gave while I was leaving for my place.

Tabula Rasa is the place to go!!......:)
Now, all of the stuff which you read above is fiction!! ...<wicked Smile>
I actually went with three of my friends. We really liked the place and had a great time there. We would definitely want to visit this place again soon....:D
I am going with 4/5 for this restaurant because of the great combination of food and ambience.For me, they serve the best Italian food in Hyderabad.
Go.. check out this place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment